In Part 1 of our county record project, we took a look at Atlantic County. You can find the Atlantic County boys and girls indoor records here.

Today, it’s Burlington County’s turn. I was there for most of these, and it’s a pretty darn good list, with three Olympians, a few state records and two former national records.

As always, drop a line in the comments section if you see any mistakes or omissions!

Tomorrow it’s Camden County’s turn!

BOYS
55-METER DASH:
6.36 … Kenny Reynolds [Willingboro], 1986 [Easterns]
60-METER DASH: 7.00 … Prince Kim [Bordentown], 2008 [N/A]
200-METER DASH: 21.86 … Antonio Abney [Willingboro], 2007 [Easterns]
400-METER DASH: 48.36 … Mohamad Kanu [Lenape], 2000 [Easterns]
600-METER RUN: 1:19.6 … Rob Novak [Bordentown], 2005 [Varsity Classic]
800-METER RUN: 1:54.80 … Marvin Lewis [Willingboro], 2001 [Easterns]
1,000-METER RUN: 2:33.50 … Roger Lawyer [Willingboro], 1988 [Vitalis Invitational]
1,600-METER RUN: 4:13.56 … Marc Pelerin [Cherokee], 2002 [Bishop Loughlin Games]
3,200-METER RUN: 9:00.27 … Austin Gabay [Cinnaminson], 2020 [Meet of Champions]
5,000-METER RUN: 16:14.62 .. .Sean Mulroy [Lenape], 2010 [National Scholastic]
55-METER HURDLES: 7.22 … Isaac Williams [Willingboro], 2012 [Meet of Champions]
800-METER RELAY: 1:28.46 … Lenape, 2000 [Easterns]
1,600-METER RELAY: 3:16.40 … Lenape, 2000 [Nationals]
3,200-METER RELAY: 7:43.64 … Cherokee, 2012 [Nationals]
SPRINT MEDLEY: 3:30.45 … Lenape, 2001 [National Scholastic]
DISTANCE MEDLEY: 10:16.32 … Cherokee, 2001 [Easterns]
SHUTTLE HURDLES: 29.9 … Moorestown, 1975 [N/A]
HIGH JUMP: 7-4 1/4 … Mike Morrison [Willingboro], 2003 [Varsity Classic]
LONG JUMP: 25-5 … Carl Lewis [Willingboro], 1979 [Easterns]
TRIPLE JUMP: 45-3 1/2 … Zakiyy Williams [Rancocas Valley], 2015 [Varsity Classic]
POLE VAULT: 14-6 … Mike Maira [Seneca], 2009 [N.J. Group 3]
SHOT PUT: 62-7 3/4 … Kamron Kobolak [Cinnaminson], 2018 [New Balance Nationals]

GIRLS
55-METER DASH:
6.73 … Michelle Glover [Willingboro], 1981 [Dallas Invitational]
60-METER DASH: 7.56 … Amandi Rhett [Moorestown], 2000 [Nationals]
200-METER DASH: 24.48 … Amandi Rhett [Moorestown], 2000 [Easterns]
300-METER DASH: 39.42 … Aliyah Taylor [Rancocas Valley], 2018 [Bishop Loughlin Games]
300-YARD DASH: 38.0 … Bobbie Tabb [Willingboro], 1980 [N/A]
400-METER DASH: 54.24 … Okechi Obuokiri [Willingboro], 2003 [Nationals]
600-METER RUN: 1:34.5h … Okechi Ogbuokiri [Willingboro], 2003 [Bishop Loughlin Games]
800-METER RUN: 2:12.4 … Monica Olkowski [Cherokee], 1990
1,000-YARD RUN: 2:34.65 … Monica Olkowski [Cherokee], 1990 [Vitalis]
1,000-METER RUN: 2:50.63 … Michelle DiMuro [Shawnee], 1985 []
1,500-METER RUN: 4:42.0 … Brittnee Bynoe [Willingboro], 2003 [Colgate Games Week 4]
1,600-METER RUN: 4:57.12 … Megan Quimby [Lenape], 2016 [Meet of Champions]
3,000-METER RUN: 9:53.39 … Megan Lacy [Cherokee], 2012 [Princeton Invitational], 2011
3,200-METER RUN: 10:23.49y … Megan Lacy [Cherokee], 2012 [Nationals]
5-8 … Shatich Rivers [Moorestown], 1992 [N/A]
5-8 … Abby Campbell [Shawnee], 2002 [Easterns]
LONG JUMP: 21-7 1/2 … Carol Lewis [Willingboro], 1981 [Dallas Invitational]
TRIPLE JUMP: 38-0 1/2 … Shaya Wilkerson [Willingboro], 2012 [Easterns]
POLE VAULT: 13-5 … Danielle O’Reilly [Shawnee], 2004 [Varsity Classic]
SHOT PUT: 43-10 … Ronetta Hunter [Burlington Twp.], 2015 [Nationals]

11 thoughts on “On Day 2 of the county record project, we take a look at Burlington County’s boys and girls indoor records!

1. Ronald L Corson March 28, 2020 / 4:31 pm

Reuben,
    Hope you are staying well. Ruck had told me about what you were doing. I wanted to add this phenomenal time that may be hard to believe. It was a coaches 4X1 outdoors at Lakewood featuring a team of Willingboro coaches, Rucker, Corson,, Mulder and( a ringer)Gerard Reynolds. It was a hand time of 43.1 0r maybe 5. Bad handoff between Rucker and Reynolds, cost us Can’t remember place because we were all laying down at the finish. I know it can be hard to believe but you had to be there. You and your family Stay healthy. Ron
    PS-Your daughter must be in college now?

• sjtcaweb March 28, 2020 / 8:44 pm

see, I would have had Gerard lead off and get you out of trouble early and then see if you guys could hang on! Hope you’re well, Ron! It was a blast talking to you from training camp last summer!

• sjtcaweb April 6, 2020 / 5:41 pm

thanks much! that’s very good information! that site is incredible, holy cow!

• Stefan April 6, 2020 / 9:13 pm

Thanks! Been working on it off and on for about a year!

• sjtcaweb April 6, 2020 / 10:52 pm

Oh wow … that’s your site? That’s incredible! Did you save all those results over the years? They look too good to come from Microfilm. But if you kept them you really took great care of them!

I have big giant books with a ton of results starting in 1986 – Woodbury, Bridgeton Relays, Burlington County Open, Olympic Conference, sectionals, states, Meet of Champions. But the quality isn’t very good, and they’re all taped inside giant notebooks.

If you expand and ever need anything from the late 1980s or early 1990s I have a lot of stuff, just not that quality.

Great work!

Roob

2. Stefan April 7, 2020 / 2:03 pm

Thank you! Yes, I put the site online late last summer. Figured it was time to have those type of results easily accessible. They are not microfilm or my own clippings, I found a couple of great online databases and used that to ‘clip’ the results. And good to know about your results, thank you. I have a decent number of the meets you mentioned on the site now, but may look to add to it in the future. I’m not a South Jersey guy, but love projects like what you’re doing, so I’ll post some more updates as I find them. Being stuck at home gives me a little extra time these days!

• sjtcaweb April 7, 2020 / 2:23 pm

Yeah, fantastic. I just got a subscription to that Newspapers.com and it’s a real wealth of info. I can’t believe how fast and accurate it is and how easy the platform is to use.

My next project is probably going to be meet records for a lot of the South Jersey meets. I think I have a lot of old meet programs in the basement that I can use as a starting point but your site will definitely help!

I actually ran for Teaneck. Are you in North Jersey? Former runner or coach? Or just a track fan?

3. Stefan April 7, 2020 / 4:20 pm

Yes, newspapers.com is amazing, that’s where I found most of my results (probably some of which you typed up for the South Jersey stuff I have!). Genealogybank also has the Ledger and Trenton Times, so that was very helpful, too.

I grew up in Mercer County and now coach at South Brunswick in Middlesex County. Big track fan and stat geek, too!

• sjtcaweb April 7, 2020 / 5:40 pm

oh wow … South Brunswick has an amazing program. I remember when the Meet of Champions was there! Congrats on all your success. And thanks again for all the info! I’ll update everything as soon as I can!

4. Stefan April 8, 2020 / 1:21 pm

Thank you. We have been fortunate to have a lot of talented athletes come through. And no problem about the updates, it was my pleasure!